Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Mobile antenna: C-Whip Monoband for 20m and 17m

My new mobile antennas arrived today:

The C-whip monoband antenna. 

I ordered 2 of them: One for 20m and one for 17m. The antennas look like the "hamstick" or "buddystick". They are 2.6m long, regardless for which band. I mounted the antennas on the 3/8 mount of the Jeep and made a measurement with the Rigexpert. After a few minutes I was able to tune both antennas to the following SWR:

 
The SWR is way better on the c-whips than on my Outback 1899. I didn't make a direct 1 on 1 comparison with the old antenna but I made a couple of QSOs and got nice reports from everyone. I should get the 15m and the 10m as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

RFI silencing the Victron Solar Charge Controller MPPT 100 15 and possibly other models

Why? You probably came here because you already know that the stock Victron MMPT Solar Charge Controller is nearly unusable if you need a qu...